European Union GDPR Foundation training

On 25th May 2018, the EU GDPR will come into effect. Organisations must ensure that they comply with the legislation, or face punitive fines of up to 4% of global annual turnover

According to PwC, over 90% of organisations won’t be ready for GDPR by 25th May 2018. This is your chance to be in the top 10%. This is your chance to show your commitment to the rights of your customers and staff.

This is not a “box-ticking” exercise – you need to have a real understanding of GDPR. Unlike some GDPR Foundation courses, ours gives you enough time to discuss and understand the issues. Not only are we specialists in the field; we’re also experts at training.

Book now on our certified GDPR Foundation course and make a real step forward.

GDPR Foundation course

Who for: Anyone who has a need to work with data on a regular basis, and in particular members of management whose teams work with data.

Duration: 2 days

How many people? This is a publicly scheduled course, which may have up to 15 attendees. Book as many places as you require.

What’s the cost? £650 + VAT per person

What do I get? Each attendee receives an electronic set of slides, a certificate of attendance and a set of printed flash cards detailing key topics such as the principles of the GDPR, legal bases for processing data and a reminder of the rights of the data subject.

Where are the courses? We run these courses in London and Birmingham, in very comfortable, modern venues. We supply breakfast, lunch and unlimited tea and coffee – after all, you can’t concentrate on GDPR if your tummy’s rumbling! Take a look at the images at the foot of this page…

Is there an exam? Yes. At the conclusion of the second day, we will also provide and administer a GDPR Foundation exam and we will issue a certificate for those who achieve the pass mark of 65%. Attendees not wishing to sit the exam will receive a certificate of attendance only.

Details This two-day course takes delegates through the principles of the GDPR in detail, and includes topics such as:

  • Background to the GDPR
  • Key terms
  • The fundamental principles of the GDPR
  • What are the legal bases on which data may be processed?
  • The rights of data subjects
  • Data controllers and data processors
  • The requirement to appoint a DPO
  • Conducting a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
  • Understanding and mapping data flows
  • Transferring data to other bodies and abroad
  • Data breaches and reporting requirements
  • Fines and how to mitigate against them

Is this a standard GDPR Foundation Course? I thought they last one day? A number of organisations offer a one-day GDPR Foundation course. However, these courses are designed simply to get candidates through an examination at the conclusion of the day. Frequently over 130 slides are presented in a 5 hour session, with no time for proper discussion and understanding.

We’ve taken the view that such training does not lead to a real understanding of the GDPR, and is not a good use of your time and money.

This course covers similar ground, but in more depth and with more time for interaction and discussion around the topics, leading to enhanced understanding and real benefit.

View dates and book your place now!

The trainer was excellent and delivered the content in a way that really held your attention

Lucy Lowin, Runnymede BC

The consultant was always in touch with his audience, ensuring that all questions were answered and understanding was complete.

Paula Bunting, Pickfords

Quality of the training was of a very high level and communication throughout the training was clear and concise.

Anon, Iglu

The trainer was brilliant, patient, knowledgeable and made it really interesting and every question was answered.

Annie Walwyn-Jones, Native Land

This is the best IT-related course I have completed. Unlike previous courses, this one focussed on fully understanding databases and their construction. Getting the basics right, rather than simply glossing over essential concepts and focussing on software provided the tools to take this forward in a positive way.

Anon, Imperial College London